Sunday, February 20, 2005

Last night I watched the CMT Crossroads episode that paired Keith Urban up with John Fogerty. It was a pretty good show. I taped it and I've seen it a couple times since then. 120 channels from this Dish Network and still nothing to watch on tv. Anyway, I went to Keith Urban's official website to check out the comments because I had a question about the band members on the Crossroads show. I had heard that Urban had replaced the members of his band with new people, but I thought I saw some of the old members on the show and I wanted to see what the hard core Keith fans would say about it. Well, after reading through 4 pages of messages from Urban's fans, I can only say that it's scary how so many people call him Keith like he's their best friend or something. I have all of his cd's and I have a picture of him hanging in my cube at work (the picture is hanging next to my pigs calendar and my dart gun target), but I don't think I could post messages on his official website and have them come out sounding like I'm on a first name basis with him. And as for the messages on that board, one fan had an opinion of Urban's performance of a certain song that wasn't 300% total ga-ga loving support, and all the other people on the board totally took her to task for her opinion. I felt bad for the fan who mistakenly felt that she was among friends when she disclosed her apparently unacceptable opinion. That's why I don't join message boards and fan clubs and stuff. Once you're in, you're forced to follow the others around like lemmings jumping off cliffs. I prefer to have a mind of my own.

No comments: