Monday, July 10, 2006

House Hunting

Today after work I went to see a house for sale. The house was ok. It looked older than 5 years old. Even the real estate agent said he would have to verify that it was actually 5 years old. The yard was ok. A lot of neighbors around. The road getting to the house, however, was another story. It was paved. But it was as wide as my driveway. Only .09 of a mile long, I still met 2, count them 2, tractor trailers on my way out to the main road. With the first one, I had to back up (which anyone who knows me knows I don't drive in reverse) and then I had to back into a drive way and back up hill to get out of the way of the tractor trailer. The second tractor trailer was kind enough to stop and let me get by him. So, needless to say, the down payment will be sitting in my checking account for a while longer earning me $9.00 a month in interest.

No comments: