Saturday, July 21, 2007

Pretty Good Saturday

Got up and went to the store this morning. Spent more money than I needed to because I had coupons to use. Read the epilogue to the last Harry Potter book to see how it ends. Everyone's been talking about it for weeks so I just had to find out. Not that I've ever read any of the Potter books. But I know the names of the kids in the book so I scanned the pages to see what happened to them.

Got home and watched the third round of the British Open golf tournament. Winnie's honorary daddy, Sergio Garcia, is leading going in to the final round.

Worked on my romance novel that I've been writing for over a year. I'm on what I think might be the final pass at editing and revisions. I need to get the synopsis and query letter written and mailed out.

I took Winnie and PJ for a walk today. I put them in their little harnesses and put the leads on them and took them out. They didn't pull me in half today. And they were ok for a while. Tried to play with Steffi. Met Lapcat. But Winnie for some reason got scared so I picked her up and then PJ's little tail drooped and I got her too and brought them inside.

On the back of an insert to the Saturday paper, there's a Dell computer ad for laptops. I'm thinking about getting one. But I don't want to jump into it and get one right away. I am the one who took months to decide to buy a $7.00 purse.

Earlier in the week I got a check for my one day of jury duty that I had last week. On my excuse slip that I have to turn in to my employer it says that jurors will be paid at the end of the term. Well, the end of the term is October but I got paid this week. I think I should take that slip and tell them that since they paid me that means I'm done with jury duty. LOL. I could try to sue, but no attorney is going to take a case that pits them against the judge and the circuit clerk. LOL.

I kept meaning to take a nap today but never did get to it. Between cooking a turkey for Steffi and watching golf and then taking the puppies out, I just didn't have time.

No comments: