Friday, September 08, 2006

Sniffle, Sniffle

I woke up with a cold this morning. So, I took some theraflu, went to work and decided that when the theraflu wears off I would go home. That ended up being at noon. Got home, took the dogs for a walk, watched some golf and tennis then took some more theraflu and went to bed. Phoebe howled three separate times while I was napping. The last time, I got up and saw that Maria Sharipova was on TV playing a tennis match. I'm guessing Phoebe heard the shrieking and tried to match it.

I was hoping to get back on the treadmill this weekend, and while experts say exercise won't hurt you if you have a head cold, I prefer to think that if you're sick, then resting the body will aid in the recovery. So, I'm just going to drink my theraflu, take some vitamin c and hope I get over this quickly.

Speaking of tennis, I was saddened to see Rafael Nadal lose in the quarter-finals of the US Open earlier in the week. But, I just read on his website earlier today that he turned his ankle in the match prior to the quarters and won't be playing the next event he had planned to play. So, maybe his loss in the quarters had something to do with the ankle.

No comments: