Thursday, August 23, 2007

What's Going On...

It's been a while since the last post. Here's an update:

Winnie and PJ are doing well. They go to their grandparents' house every Sunday. They play and they are now going for walks outside every day. They won't let me cut their nails so I am taking them outside to see if I can wear their nails down. They are in their rebellious phase and will do #2 on the carpet if I leave their sight for any length of time. But the good news is that they have stopped shredding puppy pads. They chew holes in them, but they don't shred them into a million pieces anymore.

Steffi and Fritz are not enjoying this hot, humid weather. Hopefully, it will cool down a bit.

I've been watching the military channel lately. Not really interested in the military but I have to find out how those Navy Seal stories end.

I'm working on my second romance novel. I finished the golf themed one and mailed out a query letter to a publisher. Now I'm working on another one and I thought I had finished it, but it ended up pretty short. So, I'm having to add stuff to it. I didn't think I could add a lot, but I'm rewriting the last chapter and I think it's going to end up being two or three chapters long now. Hopefully, the word count will get better.

I had planned to be done with this book by the end of August and then beginning Sept. 1, I would get back on the treadmill. I had hoped to take one month and lose as much weight as possible (as possible for me - which means I eat.) But, there's an employee appreciation day dinner at work coming up so I thought I should start the workout plan a week early. That means I need to get my book finished by the end of this weekend. That will be a challenge. A lot of typing for me this weekend.

I've been getting these harrassing phone calls from an anonymous recording. I googled the phone number and found out it's a collection agency, but as I don't owe anyone any money, they can't be after me, probably after that Rodney guy I keep getting calls for. Unfortunately, the call is a recording, they don't identify themselves (which is against federal law) and they don't identify the person they are trying to reach. If they were legitimately trying to conduct business, they would do these things. So, they are obviously just trying to harrass people. I filed a complaint with the FCC and the Do Not Call registry about these people. Other people have too. For two days now, I haven't gotten any calls. But I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure I'll get them again. Besides, I've lived at the same mailing address since 1979, if I owed anyone money, I would be very easy to find with a letter. They don't need harrassing phone calls. It's a good thing I never answer my phone.

Work has been work. Same as usual. Work isn't supposed to be a happy place. That's Disneyland and McDonalds and Chuck E Cheese. Hopefully, this writing thing will take off and work will just become an interruption to the writing, rather than the job.

No comments: