Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Annoying, Harrassing Calls

I've been getting annoying calls from a recording that doesn't identify the company the call comes from. That's against federal law. Anyway, last week I filed a complaint with the FCC and the Do Not Call list. Today, I got two of these calls within the span of three hours. So, I decided that was enough. I contacted Sen. Robert Byrd's office and asked him to help me get rid of these calls.

I think Verizon thought they were being clever when they gave me my phone number. Apparently people who used to have my number also had my last name and their first initial is the same as mine. My listing in the phone book is my first initial, last name and the city. Obviously, I would get a lot of wrong numbers. Verizon people should be smarter than that.

I was called in for jury duty this week. Luckily, they didn't pick me to serve on the jury. But I did have to spend a good part of Tuesday at the courthouse, sitting around.

No comments: