Friday, July 01, 2005

I took today off so I could have yet another 4 day weekend. I love these
long weekends; I can really get on the treadmill and work out a lot. I went
to the store and such this morning. I had to get a money order for the
Season 4 Box Set of Andromeda that I pre-ordered on Amazon.com.
It's really great that they will take checks and money orders. I also did a
bit of shopping at Walmart. I bought a new book by Diana Palmer. It's a
hardcover and I usually don't buy those, but it's been so long since we've
seen a new release from Ms. Palmer that I decided to get it anyway. She's
a romance writer, in case you didn't know. At Krogers I spent as long in the
checkout line as I did shopping for my groceries. After this last contract dispute,
these workers at this store just don't seem motivated to do anything fast. And
this time, the customer in front of me didn't have his precious Plus Card that
allows him big savings so the cashier kept trying to get him to enter in his area
code and phone number and I think his date of birth into the card reading
machine. The customer kept screwing that up so after about the third time,
the cashier finally got the bright idea to swipe my Plus card just to get the
customer out of there. I thought the whole idea of the Plus card was that if
you didn't have one, you had to pay full price. Not that if you didn't have
one, they will give you the deal anyway. That's the problem with America.
Give me, give me, give me - everyone thinks their entitled to things. This
customer will never learn to accept the consequences of his actions if
people keep bailing him out. Did he learn to bring his Plus card with him the
next time he goes Krogering? No.

Mom and Dad went up to their new house today to see if they could get the
water turned on, but found out that many of the water lines will need replaced.
Dad said he might have to borrow money off of me to get it fixed. I don't know
if he was joking. But they came home with McDonalds and they had bought
me an order of fries. Great. With me doing the diet and exercise thing, I'll be
working those fries off for a week. But I had to eat them. Fries are no good
cold and both Mom and Dad had their own orders. What is wrong with them
giving me the cash equivalent of fast food if they want to get me something??

No comments: