Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rock Star INXS

I finally got to see one of the performance shows. This is the one with Mig playing the piano. More on him in a minute. I thought the two weakest performances were Ty's and Deanna's. Not that they were bad performances, but not good in terms of the whole 'rocker' thing. And I really don't like Rod Stewart all that much so Ty was having to catch up before he even started on that one. Marty did a great job on the Brittany Spears song. He was a bit scary though and I don't remember INXS being scary. JD did ok. He claimed he wasn't going to perform the song, just sing it. But it was definitely a performance. He was very effective at seducing the audience, which is what a good rocker needs to do. I think JD's voice would be good for INXS but I think his attitude may hurt him. I think he tries to be an Alpha male but has always been in competition with other alpha males and maybe doesn't always win. And I think every time he comes in second, it affects him from that point on. I don't think he lets go of the negative as much as he needs to. Now for Mig. He did great with his song and the piano. But I think it was lame to lavish so much praise on the fact that he played the piano while singing. Maybe my expectations are just too high, but I expect a musical artist to be able to play and sing at the same time.

They are showing the results show now so I will have to wait to see who gets voted off the show.

No comments: