Saturday, August 27, 2005

Rock Star: INXS

I just watched the original song episode. Here are my thoughts: Marty is way too scary for INXS - I mean David Bowie scary. And it looks like he isn't used to hearing criticism. It's that typical Alpha male always successful in things syndrome. I don't think Ty's strategy to stick with showcasing soul is going to work that well. That isn't what INXS is. I would have liked to have seen Ty do the CCR version of Proud Mary instead of the Tina Turner version. And it looked like Jordis was bouncing out of her pants. She needs to tighten up her belt if she's going to be rocking out. As for the original songs - they were ok. I thought Mig's sounded like a Bon Jovi thing. And I don't think INXS would ever use the word 'freestyling' in one of their compositions - that's too surfer dude for them.

No comments: