Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Getting Ready for Turkey Day

Today I dusted my dining room furniture, cleaned the toilets, and began preparations for tomorrow's big dinner and my company coming to share it (my parents). I may put up a Christmas tree today. I have a 4 ft white tree that I might get out. I don't know how Phoebe will do with the Christmas tree. This will be Phoebe's first Thanksgiving and next month will be her first Christmas with her permanent family. She was born on December 18th last year. I may have to have a birthday party for her, especially since my birthday is close to hers.

I also have tentative plans to do the day after Thanksgiving shopping thing at Walmart this year. They have 600 thread count sheets on sale.

I can't believe there isn't anything good on tv during the day. Usually, I'm at work, but this week, I've taken the whole week off. There isn't much on tv. Right now I'm watching a show on the History channel about Captain Kidd's treasure and Oak Island. They detailed an elaborate engineering system constructed to protect some sort of treasure by damming up some water along the shore and redirecting it toward what is called the money pit. If anyone dug a shaft down to the rumored treasure, the shaft would fill with water.

No comments: