Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Day

Well, we had a good Thanksgiving. I cooked and Mom and Dad came here. The dogs were excited beyond belief to see Mom. She never comes here. Dad put together a couple of bookcases I bought on Saturday and changed the tires on his car while he was here. He took the dogs for a couple of walks too. Dinner was very good. Turkey, homemade mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade noodles, gravy, stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, hot rolls, and a pepperidge farm chocolate cake for dessert. I only had the turkey, potatoes, noodles, hot rolls and then later a piece of cake. We were all stuffed. Mom did my dishes and I packaged up some leftovers for Mom and Dad to take home in gladware and ziploc containers that they can keep. I imagine I'll get them back at Christmas when we do dinner at their house. Mom also got some Christmas wrapping paper and bows so she can wrap all the presents she's bought. I had them take the presents I've bought to their house so I don't have to bring them later on. When I go to their house, I usually have Phoebe with me and if I leave her to go out to the car, she pees in the floor. So, I figured it would be better if they take the presents for me. After they left, I curled up on the couch and took a nap while the 2005 Skins Game was playing on ESPN Classic. It has been very warm today, about 60 and the sun was sure bright. I took the dogs for a walk today after Mom and Dad left and they had a good time.

Tomorrow morning I will be one of the stupid people out at 4am standing in line waiting on the big Walmart Sale. There are 600 threadcount sheets that I want to get.

No comments: