Saturday, March 24, 2007

Early to Rise

I got up at 5am as usual this morning, but this time I went to Krogers and Walmart instead of staying home on Saturday. I wanted to go really early because when traffic picks up, you can't get out of the Krogers parking lot without going a long way out of your way. At walmart I got these doggie treats that have joint maintenance stuff in them. I figure it will be easier to give those to Steffi rather than pills. And she ate the first one just fine.

I got home and tried to take a nap, but didn't fall asleep. So, I got up and ate lunch (taco salad made with low fat ground turkey breast and baked tortilla chips and reduced fat grated cheese), and went outside and walked for about 50 minutes. Then I took another nap and this one included sleep. I ate supper and then went out and walked a little bit more and raked up some leaves. The dogs have been worn out with all this going outside business, but I'm taking advantage of the good weather. We've been cold and snowy for months. It's about time we get some warm air and sun.

No comments: