Sunday, September 02, 2007

Weekend

I've got a three day weekend and so far I haven't done much at all. Actually, I've been working on my book. I was going to submit it (the first three chapters) a week or two ago but decided I needed to work on revising it even more. It's getting better. I need to check on two punctuation questions and put the header on all the chapters.

I took the puppies to mom and dad's today. They loved it and we all took a nap while we are there. I've decided to try bribing Fritz with catfood to try to get him to accept the puppies. He still growls at them.

I went back on the diet and exercise last Monday and did well until Friday. Then I ate pizza, donuts and didn't work out. I've been bad all weekend and unfortunately, right now I have a sore foot so I can't even get back on the treadmill. I don't know what happened to the foot, it hurts across the top of it when I move it certain ways. I think it's because I have flat feet.

I didn't have to do jury duty this week - it was a murder case. According to the Saturday paper, the trial wrapped up on Friday and the jury returned a guilty verdict. The defendant was sentenced to life without mercy. So, I'll have to call in on Monday evening to see if I have to report for jury duty again on Tuesday.

I've been watching a lot of tennis this week since it's the U.S. Open. I'm not watching the golf tournament because of Tiger Woods. These Fed Ex Cup playoffs are a joke. The same thirty people on the Money List will end up at the Tour Championship. There's no reason to have a points system because it makes no difference.

Mom and dad are getting new windows put in their house on Thursday. That's exciting. For as long as I've known them, they have never done any home improvement stuff. In 1996 dad and I put a new roof on my house, but that was it.

Well, think I'll go soak my foot in some hot water. I tried the heating pad and it didn't help much.

As far as I know, my problem with the harassing phone calls hasn't been solved. I filed a complaint with the FTC and at least I got a nice automated response from them. I thought about having my number changed or how it's listed, but this company already has my number, so that won't do any good.

No comments: