Sunday, June 14, 2009

Busy Weekend

I put together the rest of the furniture I bought from a catalog. The doorknobs are falling off and part of the one side table fell off. I glued that back on.

I bought a Bissell little green machine and cleaned the area of the carpet in the big bedroom where the puppies' puppy pads are.

I mowed half of my yard with the electric mower I got earlier in the week. Slapped myself in the head three times with the heavy extension cord. The last time really hurt.

Spent a bunch of money on QVC this weekend. I bought a camcorder. I have been thinking about getting one for a long while now because the only one my family has is huge and uses VHS tapes. I had thought I would just go to walmart to get one when the time came, but Walmart ticked me off yesterday so I decided to give QVC my money. Walmart's door greeter had to look at my receipt even though none of my purchases set off the door alarm. Her excuse was that they were looking at all boxes that day. Well, she didn't look at my box of cereal. She didn't look at my box of doggie treats. She just looked for the Bissell little green machine. I think she just wanted something to do because I was shopping before 7am. Harassment, pure and simple.

Winnie and PJ's friend came up for another visit today. I had to chase him back off to his own house. Well, at least down to the part of the fence where he crosses over to my property. His owners probably wouldn't miss him if I decided to keep him. He has about three good-sized ticks on him and his owners haven't tried to pull them off. They must not like him that much. No wonder he comes up here.

I also ordered the Dr. Wayne Dyer book "Excuses Begone!" from QVC today. I saw the book at Walmart the other day and knew it would be on QVC so I decided to wait to see what kind of deal QVC was having. They added a 7 cd set of one of his seminars to the book for a few dollars more so that was good. I was impressed with him when I saw him on PBS.

No comments: