Sunday, June 28, 2009

Too Short of a Weekend

Who thought of this two day weekend business anyway? I need at least three.

I took Winnie and PJ to see their grandparents today. They were happy to see their Grandma since last Sunday Grandma was in the hospital. I had to feed and pet the two cats who live at mom and dad's. I felt like I never left home since I'm petting Lapcat and the neighborcat here. Yes, I have a neighborcat here. I think he's related to the original neighborcat that we had a few years ago. He looks like him.

I bought something today from QVC as a Christmas present for Mom and Dad. I think I might have all of their shopping done very early this year. I'll leave a present or two to buy close to the holidays so I can get something they might request.

I got some pruning shears from QVC and tried them out today. They work great. Unfortunately, I'm all sticky with pine tree sap.

Winnie and PJ got baths today. I saw a flea on PJ and that was it. She had to have a bath. And when one of them gets a bath, they both get one.

Today, I got my Kitchenaid food chopper that I ordered from QVC. It arrived at mom and dad's earlier in the week and I just waited until today to pick it up. I haven't tried to use it yet. I have to wash it. This one is blue willow and I'm thinking now that I have blue willow and cobalt blue, that I like cobalt blue better. So, maybe I didn't make the wrong choice on the stand mixer. The reviews of the chopper on QVC said that it doesn't work after a couple of uses. I'll have to see. Some people who reviewed it on QVC said that all you had to do was to make sure the bowl is set on the machine the right way.

I made some brownies today and ate too many of them. Now I'm sick. I put the rest in the freezer and I may spend the rest of the day, evening, and night drinking water.

I bought a camcorder from QVC a few weeks ago and this past week I recorded some things around the house. The puppies, the cats, the yard and my garden. I showed it all to mom this morning since she never comes up here. I had to buy a couple of sd cards for it and an extra battery so I ordered those from the internet as well. And just so you know, yes, QVC charges sales tax so I'm not avoiding taxes here in WV.

I'm still on loan to another office at work. The new program gets turned on July 1st and I think I should be done with the travel then. I hope so. I don't like having my routine interrupted. I did see a couple of funny license plates last week. One said "yeame" and the other one said "giddyhupp". Mine just has random letters and numbers.

I've been tweeting on Twitter often. But haven't been on facebook for a while.

No comments: