Sunday, June 07, 2009

Turkeys

I looked out into the pasture today and found three wild turkeys. That was a bit exciting.

I got two of the pieces of furniture I ordered from a catalog today and I put one of them together. I wasn't very good at it. The inside shelf is upside down and I have split several pieces of the boards when I screwed in the screws. But it appears to be sturdy.

I also picked up the Temp-Tations salad plates I ordered from QVC and the Ryder Cup hat I ordered from the PGA Tour website.

Today I celebrated mom's birthday and father's day by giving mom her presents and dad his. Mom got those clothes hanger things that allow you to hang clothes down instead of across and I got her some fancy jello stuff from the grocery store's deli. Dad got one of the Ryder Cup hats and some garlic spread for bread. He likes the garlic spread but never spends enough time in a store to find it.

I found a new 'non-diet' book at Walmart yesterday. It's called Naturally Thin and it sounds a lot like the Paul McKenna program.

I'm very glad Roger Federer won the French Open today. Even though he now has the same number of majors as Pete Sampras, Roger is better than him now that he's won the French since Sampras never did. I don't buy that argument that other clay court tournaments prove that they are winners or great or whatever. Those other tournaments are mostly best of three sets, not best of five like the French Open. It's now being reported that Nadal has some kind of knee injury that may cut his grass court season short, or end it altogether. So, that could be part of the reason why he lost at the French. It sure took the security people long enough to catch the nutjob who ran all over the court today and actually got close enough to Federer to hurt him. What did the French security people do - surrender? That guy never should have gotten that close to a player or spent that much time on the court before getting caught. I liked John McEnroe's comment that Federer's racket may have needed to have a different purpose.

Now that I am hopefully done with the work travel and working in different offices, I'm hoping to stick to the diet and exercise program. I need to try on my vacation clothes from last year and see if I can still wear them. I would hate to have to buy new stuff.

Yesterday, one of the nose pads on my glasses broke off. It isn't the kind that slide over a metal prong. This kind has a rectangular block that is wedged into a metal rectangle. I tried to put it back in, but I think it is broken and won't fit. I'll have to try to get in to see the doctor and see if he can fix them. I think the frames are still under warranty.

No comments: