Monday, February 27, 2006

The Vet's Office

I had to take Steffi to the vet after work today. I got home and discovered that she had thrown up all over the house. And I mean ALL OVER. She had gotten into old rotten bones yesterday and they made her sick. She's had this once before. The vet's office was adventurous. It was packed with a boxer puppy, an australian shepherd, a great dane puppy, a jack russell puppy, a two year old pug, a basset hound, a poodly-terrier thing and one that looked like a papillon. Steffi was pretty good. She only growled a couple of times. Usually, chihuahuas are snappy, cranky little dogs. So, the vet gave Steffi a couple of shots and some pills. It will be a chore trying to get her to take her pills. Used to be, Mom and Dad and I would all participate in giving Steffi medicine. I would hold her and Mom or Dad would shoot medicine down her throat with a syringe. But there's only me here now. I'm hoping she will lap up her medicine if it's mixed with ice cream or chicken broth.

No comments: