Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

I went to walmart at around 6am this morning and virtually everything was gone, even the stuff that was supposed to be on sale through Saturday. Mom wanted to get a crosscut shredder and we thought since it was a Friday-Saturday sale item that she would be able to go anytime to get one. Well, when I was there early this morning, there were only about 8 left. So, I got one for her. I did manage to find an mp3 player with video capability. So, I bought that - now I have three mp3 players. LOL. I also bought some luggage, but not the set that was on sale. Apparently Walmart never had that in stock. I heard one of the workers telling a customer than no one was ever able to find it. Imagine that. And I bought one of those papasan chairs. I brought it home and set it up and PJ got into it the first thing. That was so cute, seeing her laying in it like a little princess with her front paws crossed.

I took all of that home, with the exception of mom's shredder and then went to mom and dad's and dropped off their shredder. I stayed there while they got ready and went to walmart for their look around. They didn't buy anything worth mentioning. I had to stay there just in case my tracfone was delivered because the fed ex driver required a signature for it. But it didn't come until later in the day. More on that later.

Once mom and dad came back, I left and went to the bank, bought some things at Fruth's, stopped at Rite Aid and then ate lunch at the local Mexican restaurant. That was a nice change because usually I either finish up my shopping and am back home by 9am or I eat at Pizza Hut. After lunch I went to Family Dollar and bought a couple of things and then went back to Walmart for my regular grocery shopping. Some special things I bought there while shopping are a battery charger for AAA batteries (now that I have three mp3 players), some Lock & Lock storage containers, and the one year service cards for the Tracfones. I have two phones and I'm going to keep both active.

Now for the Tracfone story. I got it home and activated it. Or thought I had. I went onto the website to do it and once I thought I had activated it, I went back to the website and found that it said I had pending updates. So, I clicked on the link, ended up entering a code and got an Invalid Code message. The website kept telling me to reenter the code and after doing this three times, my service was disabled. So, I had to call customer service. They couldn't find the solution so they said to wait 24 hours and if the phone wasn't fully activated at that time, to call back and they gave me a call ticket number to use when I call back. It's a good thing I didn't transfer anything over to the new phone because I might be out two phones at this point.

As for Tracfone Customer Service, I could understand the guy very well, even though he had an accent, but it sounded like he was very far away from the phone. I ended up turning up the volume on my phone so I could hear him. Did they solve my problem? I won't know that for 24 hours. There is another number I can call if I wanted to go straight to the top, so to speak, but I thought I would try this number first. It's the direct sales number that was printed on my invoice. Not the number that you find plastered all over the website and in the tracfone info included in the package.

No comments: