Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day

Well, Thanksgiving Day dinner went very well. The turkey was moist, the noodles were good, the mashed potatoes were non-lumpy. Mom and dad came up just in time for dinner at 11am. They had planned to come earlier, but my uncle Charlie called them as they were getting ready. Mom said she told him that they were coming up here for dinner and he asked "Is she doing the cooking?" LOL ! Apparently, that was something unusual for him - offspring cooking for the parents. The cranberry sauce, the one dish I always ask Dad if it's good, was a little different this year. I added strawberries. Both mom and dad said it was good. The dogs were very, very happy to have company. Even Fritz jumped his front half up into mom's lap for petting and you could tell he was happy and smiling.

We watched the parade and the dog show, napped a little, had some dessert. It was a good day. And it was a warm, sunny day. I love sunny days.

The joint pain I've been experiencing is still there. I've been reading about joint pain on the web and it's apparently a symptom of just about every illness out there. Being active helps it so I've been doing pilates and yoga. And I've been soaking in epsom salt. I don't know if that's helping, but it's supposed to make my skin soft and stuff so I don't mind the soak.

Did I tell you I ordered a new tracfone from their website? I wanted to upgrade to a phone that doesn't have an antenna so I bought a new one. But after reading all of the horror stories about the Tracfone customer service, I don't know if I want to try to transfer my minutes over to the new phone. If the transfer goes okay, there's still a chance the phone will be bad and break. So, I might just activate it and keep both phones active. After a while, I could give the old one to Dad.

I'm planning to go shopping tomorrow. Not at 5am when the Walmart sale starts, but early. I need to go to the bank and do my regular grocery shopping anyway so I might as well see if there are any good buys still out there when I do go out. There isn't too much I'd be interested in buying this year from the ad. The Kitchenaid mixer is a good deal. The flash drives and SD cards are always good buys. I would like to get a Trivial Pursuit game but I don't want the 80s version and the others are too expensive for me to buy (ie don't throw money away on it because it isn't worth it). The 500 threadcount sheet set is a good buy, but I have sheets. I buy the high thread count sheets every year they are on sale. Someone on a website I visit claims the $249 Camcorder is a good sale, but it will probably be gone in less than a minute. The employees will probably take them all like they did the laptops last year. Having said all this, I'm not inspired at all to buy any of this stuff. So, we'll see what I actually come home with. I'd say the items at the top of the list will be Fish Oil supplements and BenGay ointment for my joint pain. LOL! My goal is still to avoid using my credit cards. I've read that the credit score likes it when you charge less than 30% of what you are able to charge and pay it all off at once. Well, I used my credit card back to back, two months in a row and paid it off in full each time so I decided to lay off the credit cards for as long as possible.

No comments: