Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey Day and Beyond

Yesterday I went to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving. I brought them home-made cranberry sauce, home-made noodles, and a home-made berry cobbler. Dinner was good. I ate too much and my diet and exercise program is definitely on a hiatus. My sister and her kids were there. They came up from Florida. Jasmine was excited by the snow. Timmy (aka Buddha) is still a speechless baby. He eats a lot. My sister said "I heard Miranda's voice but didn't see her" alluding to my weightloss. LOL! Brought home leftovers and made a chocolate cake when I got home for my dessert. It's a low-fat cake though.

Today, I put up the Christmas tree. I was going to wait until Jasmine went back to Florida, but I didn't know when I was going to get time to do it after she left. I dyed my hair today (still not happy with the results) and tried to make a curtain out of old blue jeans. It's still a work in progress. But I didn't do so bad for not having a work surface or a sewing machine, or a measuring tape. I also washed the slip covers for the couch and chair and watched UFO Files on the History channel for much of the day and the 2004 Skin Games (golf) for the other half.

Dad called the guys who do our mechanic work to see if they could work on my car, but he didn't get any answer. I guess they are taking the day off for deer hunting. Dad thinks some kind of brake cylinder is leaking and that's what's causing my trouble.

The one thing I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving: I just found out that in England, you have to pay big money for a license to watch tv. Thank goodness Americans aren't that greedy yet. Sony/BMG is the closest by putting that stupid spyware software on your computers without your knowledge. But they are getting sued and I hope they suffer greatly for that. I guess I'll have to bring in a cd player to work so I can listen to cds since I can't be sure any of them will be safe for the computer.

I got my credit card bill in the mail today. Unfortunately, it still doesn't have all my charges on it. I have to remember to stop charging after the 17th of the month so I can finally get off the credit card merry-go-round. I called the 1-800 number today and I have an available balance of $332.00. That's the least I've ever had available on my credit card. I've spent a lot these last couple of months. My mom and I are going shopping in P-Burg next weekend. Hopefully the credit card people will have processed my payment by then. I'm hoping to look around for a dining room table and chairs.

No comments: