Friday, October 20, 2006

Mastercard prepaid credit card - the greendot card

I got one of these today so I can do christmas shopping online. I'm beginning to think it was a mistake and I haven't even used it yet. Here's how I described the online activation experience to my mom(address changed to protect me):

It was ridiculous. First, they said the social security number wasn't required, but they wouldn't let you continue to the next step until you put one in. Then they wouldn't accept that rt 1 box 555 was my residence address. I had to put in 555 red dirt road. Idiots. Then it took so long to get through that that the website kicked me out and I had to do the whole thing over again. And the weasels didn't even have the decency to have an email address to contact them with customer service complaints. I have to either call them or write them a letter. After Christmas is over, I may not use this stupid card anymore.

No comments: