Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New Appliance

I dropped my toaster on the floor a few months ago. I picked it up, pounded the front part back onto the casing and didn't use it until last week. Well, there was this pretty bluish flare I saw through the cracks and I figured I'd better not use the toaster again. So, I bought a toaster oven. I've never had one before. I don't know why mom never had one. Anyway, now I have to find recipes for it. It can cook for up to 60 minutes so I'm sure I can bake things in it. And apparently there are accessories - different pans to use for it and stuff.

The toaster oven websites say that because the toaster oven is smaller, it heats faster and cooking time should be shorter. That's good for me. I won't be running up the electric bill with the real oven. But I can't fix big pizzas in the T.O. I will just have to cut them up in pieces and cook them a little bit at a time. LOL

I used it tonight on a turkey sandwich and it worked well. I can't wait to try other things.

No comments: