Friday, February 02, 2007

I Hate Snow!!!

Well, I went to the bank and walmart around 12:30pm today. It was still snowing and even though some had melted, it had been snowing so hard that the driveway was getting covered up again. By the time I got back at around 2pm, the driveway had about an inch and a half of snow on it. Some places had melted out, but there was still plenty of snow to cause me to slide around. And it didn't help that me and the mail man had both driven over the snow and packed it down into ice. So, I unloaded my groceries, got on my snow boots, hat, jacket and gloves, and shoveled the driveway. I was out nearly two hours doing that so I figure I must have burned the 300 calories a day I want to spend on my diet/exercise program.

In the next few days it's supposed to get down to zero degrees without wind chill factored in. I hope it doesn't snow on top of that. If I have to park my car at the main road and walk, I don't want to walk in zero degree weather. I bought some cat litter and cat pan liners in case I decide to bring the cats inside during the really cold nights. They can usually find warm places around the farm to crawl into to stay warm at night. We have old hay mangers, and boxes with blankets all over the place and all kinds of nooks and crannies for the cats to sleep in.

I got the Celtic Woman A New Journey dvd and cd that I pre-ordered. I haven't played them yet, but it doesn't look like there's much on tonight on tv, so maybe I'll check them out.

No comments: