Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Very Hard Week

This has been a very hard week, dealing with Phoebe's passing. I had no desire to get on the treadmill at all this week but I did stick to my diet until Thursday. Hopefully, I will get back on track there Monday. Not doing it tomorrow because golf is on practically all day so I'll be watching that. I've also been hugging one of my stuffed animals at night when sleeping. At least the dogs don't sleep with me. That would be just totally unbearable if I had to deal with not having her there anymore.

Today I did a lot of cleaning. I vacuumed the dining room and living room and then cleaned the carpet. After that, I sprinkled borax into the carpet as a preventative anti-flea measure. I cleaned out a closet so I could have more room and moved some junk out of the living room. I need to do dishes but haven't made it to that yet. My hands have been dry and cracked this week and I don't really know why. It's been warmer than usual so they shouldn't have gotten any worse. I still put lotion on them every night when I go to bed.

Last night I did my laundry and took apart the carpet cleaning machine to pick out all the carpet pieces. The machine is kind of old and one of the gaskets is broken but it still works so I'm not buying a new one yet.

I've been brushing Fritz lately. For a while I didn't and he's got a ton of hair. The winter coat.

As for the future, I have written a want ad to put in the local buy/sell/trade papers and on the local buy/sell/trade radio program. I've decided that I want a local chihuahua puppy so my ad specifies preferably my home county. I think it's a good idea to stay local. Vets from some county far, far away from me may be used to seeing certain ailments in all the dogs they treat, but vets in my county may not see those ailments and might end up mis-diagnosing the puppy. So, if I stick with a local puppy, I think the vets will be better able to treat her more effectively. I am on a call list with a lady in the county. She had an ad in the paper for a female puppy for sale but by the time mom called, it had already been sold. But the lady said she had another dog who was three weeks along so mom gave the woman my number and hers so she can call us when the dog has her puppies. The bad part is that if I have to go with her, it will probably be June before I get a puppy. So, I'm still looking but I'm really hoping that at least I can get a puppy from her. Dad told mom I should get two puppies instead of one. So, I agreed even though the puppy pad training will be a circus I'm sure. Mom told dad that I had decided to get two and he acted surprised. She said "You're the one who gave her the idea." LOL. Anyway, now Dad says that if I'm going to get two, I should get a male and a female and then I can have puppies of my own. But I don't think Fritz will get along with a male and I don't want to try to housebreak a male puppy. So, I told Mom and Dad that I'll get the two female puppies and they can have the male puppy. I'll bring my girls to their house for the 'romance'.

I do think with the new puppies I'm going to be one of those mothers you see on 20/20 who take their kids to the doctor every day and believe that the kids are sick even when they aren't. I think I might take the puppies to the vet every three months just to have every test run to make sure nothing's wrong with them. And every time they sneeze, or cough, or spit up, they are going to the vet. Even if I have to get my parents to take them while I'm at work.

No comments: