Sunday, February 11, 2007

Still Cold and More Snow Expected

Another yucky storm comes in Monday and lasts through part of Wednesday. It's supposed to be part rain, part sleet, part ice and part snow. I hope we get all rain, but the forecast is calling for inches and inches of snow. Granted, we aren't getting anywhere near what upstate New York is getting, but the difference is, we aren't supposed to. Those folks in New York are more used to snow than we are around here. One of these days, I'm moving to a warmer place. Maybe someday I'll take the house money I have saved and go to Grad School, then try to get a better job that will take me to warmer town. But, I don't know if I have that kind of initiative now.

I ate the turkey sloppy joes and made some more today for this week's dinners. It was pretty good. I think the store brand sloppy joe sauce is different from Manwich. I used Manwich today and it didn't sting my eyes with massive use of peppers.

I also worked out for about an hour yesterday and today, burning over 400 calories each day. And today I skipped the two snacks that I usually eat between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. I was at mom and dad's and missed the mid-morning snack, and then I took a nap in the afternoon and missed the afternoon snack. The Digging For the Truth dvds are working out pretty well for treadmill viewing.

Speaking of mom and dad, I took Phoebe there for her weekly trip. After a while she just started crying and whining and nothing made her happy. I guess she either missed sleeping with Steffi in the chair or she missed her squeaky toy. Dad said I was starving him by telling him to eat 2000 calories a day. Gee, I'd like to starve on 2000 calories a day. I told him he wasn't starving and he said he wasn't allowed to eat what he wanted. Well, neither am I. I found some example menus on the internet and emailed them to Mom so they can get some ideas about what he can eat. I think he's eating corn flakes with water and pop tarts. It's probably the grumpy old man sydrome. He can't do what he wants and eat all the bad foods, so he's deliberately eating the weird not-so-good foods. Maybe he should do the weightwatchers points system since that's supposed to let you eat what you want, just not a lot of it.

The local Krogers grocery store has a clearance aisle in which they are trying to get rid of stuff that isn't selling - preparing for when the new Walmart Supercenter opens. Yesterday, I found some lavender bath stuff from the Healing Garden on clearance for something like $6.00 off. So, I'm going to try that tonight and see what happens. Lavender is supposed to be good for relieving stress I think.

No comments: