Saturday, February 03, 2007

Still Hating Snow

We had snow Thursday night and Friday. I had Friday off so that wasn's that big of a problem. I took the broom and swept the snow off the driveway, except for the places where tires had packed the snow into ice. This morning, I woke up to more snow on the driveway. At least it wasn't that much and we had good sunshine to melt a lot of it. I still took the broom out and swept what I could. Finally, around 2pm I was able to take Phoebe up to my parents' house for her weekly trip. Plus, I wanted mom to cut my hair and I had some of their mail to deliver. Well, now we are in for really cold temperatures. They are talking about zero and below zero with wind chill. The worry now is that my water pipes will freeze.

I brought the cats in for a little while this morning. But they didn't want to stay in. This evening Lapcat came in for a little while and Phoebe ran circles around her. I don't know if Phoebe was playing or trying to figure out how to fight. Lapcat had just a brief moment of possible chasing and then did what any cat would - laid down and rolled around on her back. Mom said Lapcat thought Phoebe was the biggest mouse she'd ever seen. LOL.

Tomorrow I will hopefully make the ground turkey breast sloppy joes. Well, the sauce anyway. I plan to freeze the sauce in 8 ounce gladware/ziploc bowls. That will help me to control portion sizes.

There's not much at all on tv tonight. I've got the dish on the Tennis Channel watching a match in Chile. The players are cute, but the Spanish guy is getting beat by the hometown favorite.

Dad said today that I was making him eat 2200 calories a day. I'm not making him eat anything. But I'm glad he's eating. I told mom about my meatloaf in the muffin pan experience. She said she would be worried about the grease bubbling out into the oven. So, I pointed out that with ground turkey breast, there is no grease - and no shrinkage of the food in the pan like you get in regular beef meatloaf. Mom's even watching the calories she's eating. She's trying to stay around 1400-1500 a day. That's probably the right amount for her. It would be nice if I could get them away from the hot dogs, sausage and hamburger, but we have a whole freezer full of hamburger and pork so I don't think that's going to happen.

I watched Nashville Star again today. I must have missed all of Whitney's good performances because from what I heard today, I don't know how she's been on the show for as long as she has. The men seem stronger contenders than the women this year. I also watched American Idol Rewind which featured the first season. I could clearly see that the judging has gotten increasingly tougher each season. I don't think some of the top 20 or 30 would have made it that far if they were auditioning for season 4 or5 or 6. And it seemed to me that the judges were just as mean on that rewind show as they have been this season. I don't think that's changed any despite what the media wants to say.

No comments: