Sunday, June 17, 2007

Boo, Hiss

I have to do Jury Duty during July thru October. 4 months of not knowing where I'll be from one week to the next. Sure they will pay me every day I serve and sure my employer will also pay me, but my work is going to pile up sky high. It isn't like someone is there to do my job when I'm gone. The only ray of sunshine that could come from this is if I can miss the statewide conference that I have to go to for work. I would have to spend a couple nights away from home for that and if jury duty gets me out of that, then at least there's one positive. With my luck however, I'll have to do both. Yuck.

More pleasant topics:
Took the puppies to mom and dad's today. They played and played. As it's Fathers Day, I got dad a present. It's one that both he and mom can use - a wireless mouse. Dad tried to tell me that it wouldn't work on their computer, that's because he thought you were supposed to plug mouses in to the headphones jack. Apparently he tried to plug mom's other mouse into that jack and somehow forced something in there and believes he's broken that jack for good. That is such a man thing - rather than thinking it might plug in somewhere else, he tries to make it fit.

Pulled 6 ticks off Fritz yesterday, three today so far. Brushed him and cut some of his hair. I didn't do any laundry today since I'm only working two days this week. I can catch up on the laundry then.

No comments: