Saturday, June 16, 2007

This Week

What's been going on this week? The puppies are pretty much the same. I found a tick on PJ and she hasn't ever been outside to get one. I figure Fritz brought it in the house. He's had tons of ticks this year. I pulled 5 off of him just in one day this week.

My computer crashed the other day. I got the message "disk boot failure. insert system disk and press enter." I was thinking I would have to take it to a repair shop and I would probably lose all my stuff, but before I did any of that, I just unplugged all the cords from the CPU and let it sit there for about 45 minutes. When I plugged everything back in, the computer worked. So, I didn't have to take it anywhere and I didn't have to insert any system disk and press enter.

This morning I bought a 2 GB flash drive at walmart and I've copied my most important files to the flash drive: my pictures, my novel writing, my firefox profile that contains all of my internet bookmarks. I'd really be up a creek without my bookmarks.

I only work two days next week. Wednesday is WV Day, we get that day off and then I'm taking Thursday and Friday off. Friday, the puppies have to go to the vet for another round of vaccinations. Hopefully, they will be weighed again and I'll get to see how much they've grown. And Wednesday, I think I will try turning the puppies loose in the house. I had them in the exercise pen this morning with a puppy pad, and PJ peed on the carpet. I think she's a little slower than Winnie. I will have my work cut out for me when I turn them loose, keeping an eye on them and herding them to their puppy pads.

No comments: