Sunday, May 04, 2008

Another Weekend of Dieting

This weekend I added some meat and eggs to the veggie and fruit weekend diet. For breakfast I had a smoothie and some sliced turkey breast. Then I had a snack of carrots and string cheese. Then for lunch I had a bowl of salad with tomatoes, grilled chicken, kidney beans, fat free cheese and some nice wholesome wishbone bountifuls salad dressing. Then I skipped the afternoon snack and ate scrambled eggs with cheese and finely chopped spinach with a side of tomatoes for supper. In the evening is another smoothie.

Observations: I ate about 850 calories yesterday, didn't feel a bit hungry, worked out for about 40 minutes and got an hour's worth of grocery shopping in, and gained weight. I don't know how that happened. Today I'm planning to eat a little more than 1000 calories, haven't felt hungry and have worked out for a total of 60 minutes. The smoothies are better if you put a little diet sprite in them.

As for the past week, I stuck to the regular diet of slimfast bars and canned soup. Instead of a poptart in the evening, I ate an apple. I did manage to lose about 4 pounds I think. That was also with working out every day except Wednesday evening.

I got to see Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer play for a title this weekend in Spain. The Tennis Channel covered it.

Dad says my car's problem is a head gasket. You know, the problem where I have to keep putting water and antifreeze in the car because of some kind of leak. Dad says it can wait until after I go to the golf tournament at the end of July. Sure he thinks it can wait, he's not the one driving to Akron and back.

No comments: