Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update

Well, I've eaten a whole jar of peanut butter in 3 days. I'm hoping to just get sick of it and not want it anymore. That worked with chocolate. I ate so much hershey kisses and other types of chocolate that now I just look at it and I get sick and that was months ago.

I've been doing pilates lately. I'm trying to get rid of my flabby arms. I'm also planning to get back to the exercise starting tomorrow. Well, that's a little misleading. I went outside today and walked for almost an hour. But as for following the whole diet/exercise plan, that starts again tomorrow.

Steffi has not been eating well lately. Averaging about one meal a day if that. I follow her around trying to get her to eat, whether it's bologna, turkey, chicken, dog food, cat food. Tonight she ate some grilled chicken strips and a little bit of turkey.

Yesterday when I was shopping at walmart, I found a shirt on clearance that had actual sleeves. Not these fake ones where the top of the sleeve comes over your shoulder, but there's no bottom of the sleeve and you are left to expose your armpits if you raise your arm. I didn't know if I needed to wear a small or a medium in that shirt so I bought one of each and brought them home. I didn't want to take time to try them on in the store, especially since you probably can't find a dressing room attendant manning her post at 7am when I was at the store. I found out that I take a small in that shirt so I'm planning to go back to see if they have any in different colors. And I bought a nice Armitron watch that was on clearance too. It's silver with a blue face. I needed a silver watch to go with some of my outfits.

Dad says our local mechanic won't work on head gaskets so Dad thinks I should just nurse my car along for about another year and then just buy a new one instead of spending about $800 or so to pay the dealership's mechanics to fix my car. I don't know. If I can pay $800 to keep my car for two more years or longer, then I have to wonder if that wouldn't be a better plan. It's not as if the car's falling apart (knock on wood). I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Well, wait a minute, my air conditioner cuts out when I accelerate. That's a bit annoying.

I did some internet shopping as well. I got my Bargain Books catalog and inside there were some books on imroving your eyesight through exercises. So, I went to amazon and searched there to see what I could find. I found a book that had some good ratings so I ordered that one and then I've been thinking of getting a hypnosis cd for weight loss. I've watched that think and lose weight infomercial a few times and I think that guy hypnotized me into thinking I needed to buy a cd. So, I checked that out on amazon too. I ordered a book and cd by some guy who Andrew Weil recommends. Weil writes for Prevention magazine so he shouldn't be a quack.

I've also been thinking about getting a workout dvd, but I have to wonder if I would actually watch it. I don't think I'm ready to spend money on that yet.

No comments: