Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day Two

Day two and I still love the Pilates Machine. I wasn't sore this morning, just aware of some of the muscles I used yesterday - mainly the shoulder area because I tried some moves I saw on the sales programs on QVC and they weren't on the level one workout dvd. And there's a bit of awareness right above the knees. But it will go away. And I have some irritation between my lower back and my mid-butt area because my clothes are scratching against me as I lay on the padded bench.

I started reading a book written by Richard Hammond of Top Gear. It's called "As You Do" and it's a funny account of some of the trips and adventures he's had on the show and off. I'm not too keen on the naughty language, but I can get by that. I do have to switch gears, so to speak. Usually, when I read a book, I just read the dialogue. But this is a memoir of sorts so there isn't a lot of dialogue. I was a couple of pages in and realized I missed a bunch of the story.

QVC has a pretty cool treadmill on air right now. If I didn't already have a treadmill and the pilates machine, I might be more tuned in to the sales pitch. It's pretty cool.

No comments: