Monday, April 13, 2009

Phone Company Woes

Yesterday I lost phone service. I got kicked off the internet and had no dial tone on the phone. So, I called mom on my cell phone and asked her to call the phone company and complain for me. She did and the phone company acted like nothing was wrong. Finally they said they found some stress on the line when they ran a check (that would be the big tree leaning across my driveway and resting on the phone line) and they would send someone to work on it on Thursday. Yes, your eyes did not deceive you - Thursday. Four days away. With no phone and no internet. I wasn't too happy about that. Anyway, Dad came up to fiddle with the outside boxes that the phone company has here at the house, and on his way here, he passed a backhoe digging in the ground and two phone company trucks next to the backhoe. We suspected that these idiots might have interrupted my phone service. And coincidentally, once it got dark, I just happened to pick up my phone to check for a dial tone and got one. I'd say those guys were messing with the lines and disrupted my service and decided to wrap up their work for the day when it was getting dark and hooked everything back up before they went home. So, obviously I have service now because I'm on the web. But we aren't calling the phone company back. They need to come out and check on that line with the tree on it. We've had really strong winds and storms for the past several months and nothing has brought that tree down. Maybe the phone company can. Of course they will leave it where it falls and block my driveway. But I'll be at work when they come up on Thursday so I won't be trapped at the house.

As for my 4 day weekend, I've gotten everything on my things to do list done plus extra. And yesterday was a very good day, other than the phone company thing, because Angel Cabrera won the Masters Golf tournament. Yay! I like Cabrera. He's so much fun to watch.

No comments: