Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Sad Sunday


My dog Fritz passed away this morning. He had been treated for a heart murmur and was taking Lasyx for fluid. Yesterday was a difficult day for him. He kept coughing (albeit mildly) and panting. But as I went to bed last night, Fritz was just panting and I thought he would be okay as usual. When I got up this morning at 5am, his coughing was very different sounding and I noticed right away that he was very bloated. I was going to call the emergency number for the vet and take Fritz in but before I could do that, he passed away.


Fritz was approximately 10 years old and I had him for 7 years. He was one of the best dogs anyone could have had, once he got over biting dad and tearing up the carpet in my parents' bedroom. He loved attention, company, and Mom and Dad, and he was always so excited to see them when they would come up for a visit.
We're all going to miss Fritz.

1 comment:

Leonard said...

I'm very sorry to hear that, Miranda. My condolences.