Sunday, May 10, 2009

Branching Out

I have joined Facebook and Twitter. I put the links over in the sidebar so you all can see what I'm up to on those other sites. I don't know if or when I'll update them.

I made homemade peanut butter easter eggs yesterday. Yes, I know Easter was a while ago. But I had this silicone baking mold in the shape of easter eggs that I hadn't used yet and I kept wanting to try the Easter eggs. So I made them yesterday. My recipe is very simple: milk chocolate chips, peanut butter, a little salt and some powdered sugar. I mix up the peanut butter, salt and powdered sugar. Then I melt the chocolate chips and coat the mold. I freeze the mold so the chocolate will set up. I put the peanut butter mix in the mold and then cover with more chocolate. Freeze that to set up the chocolate and presto, you have Easter eggs. I gave Mom and Dad three of them.

I had to work in a different city this past week and by the end of the week I felt like I had worked 10 days instead of 5. Plus I think I was cursed. It rained darn near every day and of course I had to walk some distance between the parking lot and the building. Plus, I hit so much broken pavement and potholes that my car rattles now. And, the biggest example of the curse, I misjudged the distance between the front of my car and a brick wall and now I have several scratches on my pretty new car. I have to go back to this office for two more weeks. I'm alternating with another worker so this week I stay local and next week I'll go back to the other city. Then I stay local the following week. And then my final week in the other office is the first week of June.

Friday when I got home from work, I walked down my steps to return to my car for something. I walked down a couple of steps and looked down and said "that's a thick piece of grass." Well, that piece of grass stood up and displayed a pink tongue. Yes, it was a green snake. My first reaction was to kill it. But I know green snakes are usually harmless. So, I went on to my car to do what I needed to do and then went back and watched the snake. If it had tried to go to my door, it would have been killed, but he slithered out away from the house and climbed up a peach tree. I told Mom that Dad was going to have to make more of an effort to keep my grass mowed so snakes won't be coming in the house.

No comments: