Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shopping

I did my weekly shopping today. Among the regular items, I bought some new and interesting things. I bought two cookbooks. One was by Juan Carlos Cruz and has some low cal/low fat recipes in it. I like Cruz and I liked the version of the National Body Challenge he was on. They should return to that format instead of just doing it for one week. I also bought a cookbook about tapas from Spain. Too much seafood in those recipes. I also bought some metric sockets (tools) because my dad told me to. We needed a #13 to change the oil in my car and we had to look for a long time in all of dad's tools to find one. And I bought some sun shades for my Lumina. Since it's parked most of the time, we want to block some sun to hopefully keep the rear view mirror from falling off again.

After I came home, I tried to watch some golf but got drowsy so I took a nap. Then I dyed my hair and gave Winnie and PJ their baths.

The weather has been rainy all day with some thunder and a little bit of lightning. With one big boom, Winnie blamed PJ and jumped on her. But it should be good sleeping weather for folks who have bedroom windows that lead to the outside. I, of course, sleep in the box, which is what I call my bedroom because my window leads to another room of the house instead of outside. So, I won't experience any fresh air tonight.

Digital TV sucks. It's just as bad as the satellite dish in bad weather. At least with analog, we never lost the signal.

No comments: