Saturday, May 23, 2009

Off the List

I have crossed some chores off my list today. I went grocery shopping and was back home by 7:45am. By 9:30am I had transplanted my cucumber plants and washed my Lumina. I took a bit of a nap after that and then I got up and ate lunch, took some plastic off the windows in the family room, vacuumed in the family room, walked down to get the mail, watched some golf, baked a cake and used my new mixer to mix it up, baked some bread that didn't turn out, put a new lightbulb in my bedroom. I'd been in the dark for a week. Watered the garden plants, took the puppies out for a walk.

As you can see, I've done quite a bit today. There are still some things to do on my list but I have two more days to do them in.

A good story about Winnie. She walked over to her puppy pads this evening and sniffed them. Then she went over to where I keep her leash, sat down and looked at me. So, I got my shoes on and put the leashes on her and PJ and took them for a walk. Winnie had to do #2. So, she is housebreaking herself. She apparently prefers to do #2 outside and is telling me so. She's so smart.

I bought a body fat analyzer scale from QVC last week and got it earlier this week. I finally put the batteries in and checked it out today. You can enter in your height, age, gender and the machine will calculate your body fat, muscle mass, body water, # of calories needed to maintain your current weight and your ideal weight and the # of calories needed to maintain that weight. My only problem is that I don't know which icon stands for male and which one stands for female. I contacted the company and asked. Hopefully they will email me back and soon.

I also put up one of those battery operated stick up lights over my new mixer so I can shine a light on it and see how pretty it is. I'm beginning to think I should have picked the Blue Willow color instead of cobalt blue, but with the light shining on it, I think I'll get used to the darker, purpley blue color.

No comments: