Sunday, September 21, 2003

Alias Weekend

I finally finished watching the season 1 DVD set of Alias. I missed the whole first season when it originally aired because I was engaged in my boycott of network tv. I still boycott it to some extent. I no longer fall into the trap of watching new shows. I have learned my lesson. Every show I start watching gets cancelled. Orleans was cancelled. So was Proffit. And Veritas: The Quest, and Prey, and Delaventura and many more really good shows that the networks failed to back. So, I didn't start watching Alias until right before season 2 started. I caught the marathon on ABCFamily the day the season 2 premier aired. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have to wait four months to see if Vaughn lived or died. And now I have finally gotten to see what all the fuss is about over the character of Anna Espinosa, K-Directorate spy extraordinaire who tried to thwart Sydney at every opportunity. Well, you know what? Anna did absolutely nothing for me. I can understand the appeal of an idea that Sydney would have competition. But Anna just didn't hold my interest. Sark was better competition in Season 2. I can't wait for season 3 to start. There are a lot of good theories out there on the web about what happened to Syd the two years she's been missing. About Vaughn moving on with his life. About Sloane, Jack, Irina, Sark and Evil Francie. And I'm sure the real story that evolves will be even more outrageous than any internet guess. One more thing about Alias, I will miss Will tremendously. I hear he will only be in a handful of episodes this season. I hate that. I was hoping for more Will and Jack scenes.

So, I stopped by my friend, Polly's, blog and what do I see but a link to my blog. What a nice gesture that was. I see she's extended her hospitality to another cat. Oh yeah, and some people too. Personally, I would have stopped at the cat, but I long for even a single, solitary moment without contact with another human. Polly loves people. You wouldn't think we'd get along. But without me, she wouldn't have insight into the realm of capitalist thinking. And without her, I wouldn't get all those Buddhist quotes. Here's Polly's blog: http://pollylougeneatwootonmanor.blogspot.com. It probably doesn't link. Tried the link thing and it didn't work. I hate computer crap. Strange comment for a blog writer, but it's true.

Well, gotta get ready for the E! Emmy Pre Show. I wanna see what Jennifer Garner's wearing.

No comments: