Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Blah, Very Blah

That's Tuesday for you. Today was Certificate Day at work. Tony and Marlene both asked me to make gag certificates for people. Tony wanted one for Julie because it was her birthday today and she always comes up with good gags to play on Tony. So, I did a Best of Show certificate for Julie for turning the big 5-0. She really turned 43. She got a kick out of it. The other certificate was for Marlene to give to Angie. It was the Tech Geek of the Week award in honor of Angie finding the ON switch to her monitor. Marlene said Angie was jiggling every cord there was trying to get her monitor to work and finally found the on switch. Heeheehee.
Another work tidbit. Yesterday, John commented on the pretty packaging that housed the copier paper. It is pretty red and white wrapping paper. John said that we should do something with that wrapping paper. So, today I cut petals out of it and made John a flower. It was a pretty red and white petaled flower with an orange center and green stem. I love my highlighters. John tacked it up on a bulletin board in his office. I think he likes it when he gets thoughtful gifts like that. Most usually he only gets abuse. Poor guy.
Jesse Ventura has a new show debuting on MSNBC on Saturday night. I think I will check it out. It should be interesting. He was a great color commentator back in his wrestling days. I do agree with him on the California Recall. No elected official should be recalled simply because people don't like him. If that was the case, Pres. Bush Jr. wouldn't even be President (it's not like he won the popular vote). I just don't want to hear Arnold talk about a "Total Recall" - get it - his movie. Ugh! And they have been playing his movies every night for the last week, I think on tv. We didn't suffer that torture when Ronald Reagan was running for office.
Tonight begins new episodes of the British design show, Changing Rooms. I hope Laurence Llewellyn Bowen is on. I like him.
Dad built the first fire of the season last night to heat the house. It seems pretty early to start this though. Not even October. Good thing Dad is retired. He has plenty of time to get more wood in for the winter. But Steffi, my 12 yr. old chihuahua, sure was glad to have the fire. She's been cold for a couple of weeks. We try to keep her covered up, but she likes to sleep on top of the covers.
I'm currently reading a book home inspecting. I figure if I'm going to buy a house someday, I should know what I'm looking at. I'm learning a lot. Everyone should do this kind of preparation when contemplating an investment as big as a house.
Now for some links to the news:

Yeah, this will be totally impartial and honest.......

New facet to Nimoy's Career......

Dibs on Titan!


No comments: