Monday, September 22, 2003

Yep, It's a Monday

So, let me start with my Emmy Rant: If the same show is going to be represented 4 times in the same category, then the Emmy folks should keep nominating people until 5 different shows are nominated in that category. No more of this Sopranos gets 4 nominations and the West Wing one and that's it. I mean really, even President Bush endorses a policy of variety - he did name three countries in his Axis of Evil. Anyway, Jennifer Garner looked stunning as always. She brought her parents to the event. That was nice. If you're wondering why I'm such a Garner fan, it's probably because she grew up about 40 minutes away from me, we are nearly the same age, and our schools probably played each other in all the major sports. So, I feel a little hometown connection with her. I don't think I've seen any of the movies she's been in lately. I didn't even see Pearl Harbor, but I always like to hear about all the good things happening for her.

As for Victor Garber and Lena Olin not winning in their categories, well, it's hard to beat a man whose character was killed by a frying pan (that guy who won from the Sopranos). And I'm sure Tyne Daily is a wonderful actress, but she's got something like 6 nominations or awards - it's time to retire from the Emmy race. Let some other people have a shot. Candace Bergen did it.

Also, I'm estatic that John Stewart's comedy show, The Daily Show, won. He does some of the best political comedy. You have to marvel at any show on Comedy Central winning any legitimate award. And Stewart did have a point last night, why isn't the news nominated in the Reality Show category?

I haven't seen the rest of the Emmy's so I can't report on the John Ritter tribute or anything that happened after 10pm - I taped it, but hopefully I'll get to watch it later on tonight.

As for the rest of the Yep, It's Monday salute, it's raining. Isabel's been and gone and we are still getting rain. I got a stupid email from a co-worker today. It's been statistically proven that I am right 98% of the time at work (they actually do keep count) and I still get stupid emails from people questioning what I do. What really stinks is that they get paid more than me. If you're thinking, "Wow, Miranda! That must be a government job!" You're right. And to top it off, I went over by a penny when I was filling up the car with gas tonight. I only carry bills and quarters so I had some change coming to me.

In case there's anyone out there who'd like to send me feedback, here's my email address: miranda@rednecks.com. But be warned, I don't check that addy often because I tend to get only junk mail there.

No comments: