Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Today we had a safe driver training class at work. It wasn't mandatory, but April and I went to it anyway. During the class, the teachers talked about the wrecks they had been in. We got to wondering if these were the people we should be learning safe driving techniques from. Anyway, I acquired a headache during the training that lasted the rest of the day and got progressively worse. So much so that by the time I had gotten home I had decided to switch my rest day to today - so no treadmill. Plus, I stayed up late watching the ACM music awards last night. And today was potluck day and I actually ate extra carbs. I try to limit carbs just because I am a carb fiend and it isn't good to eat more carbs than any other type of food out there. But as I had started on the carb wagon, tonight when I got home, I decided to do it up right by eating the french fries I had in the freezer. I baked them so they aren't as bad as they could be. For lunch today, the only extra thing I ate was about a half of a cup of pasta salad. So, I didn't go overboard despite the fact that there were very scrumptious looking desserts just begging me to taste them. I didn't. As for the headache, I took sinus medicine and three tylenol and it seems to be easing up. Thank goodness.

The ACM awards last night - Keith Urban won a couple, Brad Paisley won a couple, Gretchen Wilson won a couple, Rascal Flatts and Brooks and Dunn won, Chris Ledoux was posthumously awarded the Pioneer award, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw performed separately - I hope Tim has to stay home with the kids while Faith promotes her new CD - it's only fair. Kenny Chesney won the Entertainer of the Year award and didn't mention the new wife at all. She didn't attend the show either. And I think Tim McGraw won something too.

Tonight is a two hour Alias event. So, I have another night of staying up late. Yay! (Sarcasm in there).

I think I just heard Dad complaining that I don't wash my dishes. Well, he doesn't clean his cat's litter box. So there. I don't force Dad to wash my dishes. If I could force him to do anything, it would be to clean the litter box.

No comments: