Friday, April 20, 2007

A Full Day For A Day Off

I had today off but I was busy just the same. I got up regular time, like always, and let the dogs out, fed the cat, then fed the dogs, washed my hair, ate breakfast, went to the grocery store and walmart and was home by 8am. Then at 9am I was on the road again. This time with mom and dad. They went to the cemetery to pre-pay the arrangements for when they eventually pass away. This was just planning ahead, there's no bad news or anything. But I had to go because Dad wanted someone else to know what was going on. Once that was done, I called my puppy seller to see if I could see the puppies today and when she said yes, I went to mom and dad's house because Dad was going to come with me to see the puppies. Before we went to see the puppies, however, I treated mom to lunch at Ponderosa. She never goes anywhere except to the store and doctors with dad so I thought she needed to get out some. And I lectured both of them, telling them that Steffi and Fritz both need to see them more often. My dogs need to see people who aren't me. It's good for their morale. After lunch, Dad and I went to see the puppies. I'll make a separate post about them. Then we came back, stopping at the bank so I could deposit my paycheck, and I watched Passions with Mom (I don't watch the soap, but it's mom's favorite) and I watched the first few minutes of Ellen's talk show, went to walmart and got some low fat ice cream sandwiches (really wanted a milk shake and should have just gotten one from McDonalds) and then came home. I got down on the floor so Fritz and Steffi could smell the puppies on me and then changed into lounging around clothes, ate an ice cream sandwich, and went outside to walk around in the warm, sunny weather. Fritz was thrilled that I came outside. He ran and pranced and grinned.

All that being said, at least I wasn't stuck inside at work. The cemetery was pretty good compared to that. The sky was blue with just a few puffy white clouds, the cemetery grounds were mowed. It was a pretty place, polka-dotted with flower arrangements here and there.

No comments: