Friday, April 13, 2007

Puppy Update

I went to see the puppies tonight after work. I was worried that the woman wouldn't know which puppies were mine since she didn't remember who I was when I called her this morning to ask to come see the puppies. But when I got there she went right to the correct puppies. They are bigger, but they are still sleeping a lot. And they are getting more brown on their noses and eye brows and paws. They are going to be really cute. And I found out a little about the mother of the short haired one. She is 7 years old and has had 6 litters of puppies. To put this into perspective, Twila at work is one of 9 children - I don't think there were any twins or triplets in that family so some people and this dog have a lot in common. But 6 litters are all this dog's going to have. This last litter, the first puppy that was to have been born got stuck and the seller had to take the mama dog all the way to the animal hospital 50 miles away at midnight to have a C section done. She lost that first little puppy because it smothered, but the others were all right. The seller decided to just go ahead and have the mama dog spayed while she was there at the hospital. The seller said that it cost her $562.00. That was the first time she'd ever had trouble with that dog.
The seller had a lot of dogs out in the yard when I got there. A little longhaired Chihuahua, a boxer, a Pomeranian, and I think it was a min-pin, but could have been another Chihuahua - they look alike. And the seller had her two grandkids too. A girl and a boy. And what was the seller watching on TV? Animal planet of course. I sat down on the couch with my two little puppies and the Pomeranian climbed all over me and kissed me and wanted a lot of attention. Now I know where Fritz gets it. He's half pom, half miniature collie. The kids were typical kids. The seller is doing something with eggs in water. I think she put some kind of seed in them and they are going to sprout. Anyway, the girl brought the can over to me to show me and she pulled out one of the eggs and dripped water all over me. Then the kids settled down for all of a few minutes and the seller asked them "where's your mama at?" And the girl said "mom's not coming back." LOLOLOL. Actually mom was at the grocery store. The seller called her to find out and to tell her to get her butt there. I left before meeting the mom, but I think I passed her as I was pulling out of the drive way.
I think I could get used to that little Pomeranian. My uncle said he'd give me his pom when he was done with her. I hope that doesn't mean when he's dead. That's not fun to think about. But if I have room when he's ready to give her away, I might take her if she's as happy go lucky as that one was. I've never met his dog.

No comments: