Thursday, April 19, 2007

One Cat to Go

Well, yesterday one of my two remaining farm cats died. I don't know what she died of, but she didn't have any marks on her when I found her. We've been pretty lucky with this last batch of farm cats. We've had them for something like 7 or 8 years. The usual life expectancy of a farm cat here is about two years. After that, they either run off or get killed. They disappear either way. I did have two cats once that disappeared for months, we figured they were dead. But they showed up again. They were named Jim and Andre after tennis players Jim Courier and Andre Agassi. This cat who just died yesterday had two names: Her christened name was Lady. But she was mean when we got her so I renamed her Satan.

This passing wasn't as traumatic as Phoebe's. I'm not that attached to the cats.

So, now I have one cat left, Lapcat. She's a sweetheart. I don't think she's much of a hunter and I don't think she roams all that much. I might be keeping her for a while.

No comments: