Sunday, June 22, 2008

Loving The New Car

I'm really liking my new car. I took the puppies to mom and dad's today and I parked the car in front of their big living room window. Every so often I would go to the window and just look out at my car. It's so pretty. I really feel like this is my car. I didn't feel that way with my Lumina. Dad had decided to buy the Lumina and I just got to pick whichever one I wanted from the 5 they had on the lot. Then Dad had to co-sign for me and as I had only been working at my job for about a month, I wasn't really positive that I could pay off the loan. This time, I picked out the car, made the salesman find a red one instead of just taking one of the ones on the lot, and even though I have it on a payment plan, I do have the money in the bank to pay it off if I need to. So, I really feel like this is my car. And I'm very giddy. I'll take some pictures of it Wednesday evening after the dealership puts on that protective coating stuff. It will look all shiney and new after that.

This morning I took mom for a drive in the car and showed her all the buttons and features. We went up to McDonalds and got breakfast. I haven't eaten at McDonalds in I don't know how long. Mom didn't want to get in the car because she would track dirt into it. I had to tell her that the dealership was going to detail it on Wednesday so she could go ahead and get in it and get it dirty.

And just a little bit ago, I tried out a CD in the car. It plays very well. I also sat for a minute in the back seat to see what it was like back there. I think if you are very tall it might be difficult to sit back there, but I come from a medium to short family and I don't really plan to be hauling very many people anyway.

As for me - I have a sinus headache. I took two tylenol and a sinus pill and I still have the headache. I got my hair cut today so I'll be dying it tomorrow.

No comments: