Sunday, June 08, 2008

A New Program

Well, I received the book, I Can Make You Thin, by Paul McKenna yesterday. I've read the book about three times and listened to the CD about 4 times. This is the weight loss program that employs the four golden rules: Eat When You're Hungry, Eat What You Want- Not What You Think You Should, Eat Consciously, and Stop When You're Full. McKenna was on TLC a while back and that's where I found him. I think if I stick to this, it will work out well. I started following the rules today. We'll see what happens. I do have a headache. I think it's more because of the heat and the smudgy glasses I'm wearing than the new program.

This heat is getting ridiculous. I'm almost to the point of buying a new car since my car doesn't want to have working air conditioning. Poor Steffi is having a time of it. I drizzle water on her when she pants a lot so she can try to cool down. And I have a fan on her most of the time. Tomorrow might be a problem since I go back to work and I don't like to have the fans on when I'm not in the house. I might have to make an exception. It's supposed to cool down a bit on Tuesday I think.

PJ got scared today. There was a wasp in the house and it was flying around. PJ didn't like it and she would take off running, looking for a place to hide. She got into her carrier at one point. I killed the wasp and after a while, PJ relaxed.

Tomorrow night, Nashville Star debuts on NBC. I don't know if I can stay up 'til 11pm to watch the whole thing. I swear these people who run the networks think we don't have jobs or something. It could be that after the first hour, I decide the show's not worth staying up for.

I've spent the last couple of weeks watching the French Open. This coming week is the US Open Golf tournament which I probably won't watch much of since Tiger will be playing. Granted NBC doesn't suck up to him as much as the other networks but still, there will be a ton of coverage on him and virtually nothing on anyone else. In a couple of weeks Wimbledon starts so I can watch more tennis. I even saw some men's gymnastics today.

No comments: