Thursday, February 12, 2009

Four Days Off

I'm taking tomorrow off from work and I have Monday off, so it's a 4 day weekend for me! Yay!!!

Some puppy stories: yesterday morning I got up and found Winnie laying on the couch being very quiet. Unusual, since they are often running through the house barking at each other. I went over and checked her out and she had a sticker from my pilates machine between her paws. She started chewing on it and I thought, "okay, that's not so bad. but I'll trade it for some catfood." So, I gave her a few pieces of catfood and then tried to get the sticker. It was stuck to her paw. I mean, really stuck. I had to yank it pretty strongly to get it off her food and then she yipped. Well, she was mad the rest of the day and I think probably still mad tonight. She bit me 4 times yesterday morning before I left for work.

Also yesterday morning, I finished washing my hair and left the bathroom to check on the puppies. I looked down the hall and saw PJ just standing there, acting very innocently, next to a cloud of quilt batting. She had pulled it out of the plastic bag it was in and dragged it over to the doorway.

Winnie and PJ finished up their second round of worm medicine last night. Winnie left some of her last dose behind but hopefully she got all of it that she needed. I'm having a hard time getting her to eat. I switched her back to bologna and she's eating a little bit of that.

Fritz has been getting some herbal worm medicine with his food every morning. Until this morning. He wouldn't eat it. I think he gets food up his nose when he eats the Mighty Dog canned food and I think it bothers him. He has another round of three doses of over the counter medicine coming up. Hopefully I can get him to eat that. I'll have to mix it into some ice cream.

We had some really strong winds last night and today. A metal lawn chair blew over last night and I had some tree limbs around the yard and the driveway. Tonight when I came home I saw some kind of cable (power or phone probably) laying in the neighbor's yard and it looked like it had actually cut a tree in half - it was in between the half of the tree that was laying in the yard and the half that was still standing. I don't remember if I drove over the cable or under it. I didn't notice it until I had passed by it. I was keeping an eye on the neighbor's dog instead - it was chasing my car like it always does.

I now have all of the stuff I've ordered lately on the web. I know I said that spending season was over after I bought the pilates machine. But that was before I needed puppy pads which Walmart wasn't selling, and before I wanted to buy the Cesar Milan book from Lakeside, before I had to buy the worm medicine for the dogs, before I had to buy hairball treats for Fritz.

Hopefully, I'm done buying now.

No comments: