Saturday, February 21, 2009

Long Week

It's been a long week this week. Especially for Fritz. He's having issues with his medicine - he doesn't want to take it. I had been putting it in ice cream but he found out and stopped eating the ice cream. So, then I had to resort to putting the pill in his mouth, closing his mouth and turning up his head to encourage him to swallow the pill. He hates that because I have to open his mouth. I also have to shoot the liquid antibiotic in his mouth. He hates that too. As for his condition, up until this morning, he's been having a rough time. Labored breathing and discomfort. The first day or so after he got the shots from the vet, he acted like he had never been sick. But then he started having these other symptoms. It could be a reaction to the medicine. This morning, he started acting a little better. Which is good because if I hadn't seen an improvement, he would have gone back to the vet today. I was concerned that he wasn't showing any improvement after having been on the medicine for a few days, but after reading the box the antibiotic came in, I figured out that Fritz is only getting half of what he's supposed to get. The vet prescribed one dropper full twice a day and the box says for Fritz's weight, it should be two twice a day. So, Fritz wouldn't be showing any improvement for a while with such a low dosage. I'm not going to disregard the vet's instructions. I'm assuming he has a reason for the low dosage. It could be stomach irritation issues or something. Fritz also won't eat much. Dad and I think it's a sore throat. I first thought Fritz just didn't trust me to eat the food I give him because he knew I was the one giving him medicine and suspected it could be in the food. So, I had dad come up today to try to feed him. Fritz didn't do much better with Dad. So we think it's a sore throat from all of the coughing and maybe stomach acids/irritation that comes up when he burps/belches - it could be burning his throat.

It was also a long week for me at work. You know how it is, different rules for different people - some people get away with everything. Same old crap in the workplace. I have to try to get rid of work thoughts this weekend.

Walmart has a wireless printer on sale for $50.00. I'm thinking of getting it for the laptop. I have a regular printer that I could hook up to the laptop, but I don't want to have a bunch of cords attached to something that's supposed to be portable. I did buy a humidifier today for Fritz. It's supposed to help with his coughing and it should help with winnie and pj's dandruff/itching and my itchy skin. I now have two of them running in the house. I had the one mom and dad left behind when they moved out and now I have the new one too. This way, if mom and dad ever need theirs back, they can have it and I'll still have one.

I cleaned the inside of my car today and let me tell you, the best thing I have found to clean the cloth seats is this Pledge Fabric Sweeper I got today at Walmart. It doesn't get in the cracks of the seats, but it does take up all of the fine pet hair and my hair and the lint that comes off of my clothes. I covered my seat with a twin sized sheet. But I don't know how long it will stay. I have a feeling it will be sliding around and falling down off the seat all the time. The bad thing about the Fabric Sweeper is that it's disposable. You have to buy a new one once you fill it up with pet hair etc. They need to make one that you can clean out and re-use. I would pay up to $14.99 for one of those.

No comments: