Monday, February 16, 2009

Fritz Went to the Vet

Dad and I took Fritz to the vet this evening. His coughing wasn't getting better. So, here's how that went:

I got the leash on Fritz and walked him down around the driveway to the Lumina. I opened up the door and said "Let's go Fritz," and he jumped into the car, ready for a car ride. He hasn't been for a car ride since I first got him about 7 years ago. Dad drove us to the vet. We got inside and sat down and in came a Siberian Husky. It was huge. Then came a Chocolate Lab named Hershey. It was big and fat. Fritz was afraid of them and the Lab just had to meet and greet every dog that came in. Fritz didn't like that. He kept trying to go outside. Then when they called us to go back to the exam room, Fritz's collar came off and Dad had to carry him back to the room. As for the exam, the vet seemed to think it is allergies, being cooped up in the house with the heat on, and a heart murmur that's causing Fritz's cough. I hope he's right. The vet said that it isn't unusual for a dog that's 70 in human years to develop a cough. I don't tend to think of Fritz as an old dog. He's really active. The vet gave Fritz two shots and some antibiotics and antihistimines to take. I hope they will work mixed up in ice cream. When we got back to the house, we let Fritz off the leash and he beat us to the door. He wanted in the house. He wouldn't even eat the catfood Dad offered him. But after Dad left and everyone settled down, I gave Fritz some ice cream and he ate that.

No comments: