Sunday, January 15, 2006

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2 pounds in the last three days. I did it by changing my diet slightly. I read in woman's world magazine that by increasing your protein and calcium, you can lose up to 5 pounds in three days. That's not news to anyone, but I'm always inspired by testimonials. So, for Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday, I increased my protein by eating scrambled egg beaters and increased my calcium by taking supplements. Saturday, I ate the turkey meatloaf and took the calcium supplements. You really should eat foods high in calcium, not take supplements, but I can't eat yogurt and cottage cheese. And notice I increased protein by eating healthy protein, not by gnawing on a pepperoni stick all day like the people at work who try Atkins every other week and fail every time.

I worked out this morning and so far my leg is holding up just fine. I might be able to get back on the treadmill later on today.

And I made another diet switch. I've been eating a lot of popcorn lately and I know the body doesn't digest it well. I know this because the doctor told my dad to stop eating so much of it due to a medical problem he's dealing with. So, I decided to try apples instead of popcorn. The apple tasted fine last night, but peeling the apple is how I fell victim to the instrument of death - aka the vegetable peeler.

No comments: