Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year

Today I did a lot of cleaning. I read on the internet that Borax, a laundry detergent, is a superkiller of fleas and flea eggs. So, I got some the other day and sprinkled it into the carpets today. I didn't do the whole house, which is a big no-no of flea treatment, but I did the parts of the house where the dogs are likely to spend a lot of time. I washed their bedding. I put flea drops on the dogs. There aren't too many fleas around this time of year, but I figured I should get an early start on the war.

I also cooked a turkey breast for the dogs, took down the Christmas decorations and did some time on the treadmill. I read on the internet that an overused potty area will contribute to giving dogs worms, and since my dogs seem to have more than their share of that problem, I went out today and raked an area of the lawn to try to make it cleaner.

I baked a cake the other day to try to use some eggs. I had to get them used before they went bad. I plan to give some of the cake to mom and dad but they never get the cake when they are here. They are going to have to start remembering to get the food when they come up. I made french toast and scrambled eggs today to finish up the eggs.

I didn't really make any new year's resolutions. They never seem to work for me. But I do have plans.

No comments: